These are the primary roles in the system. Each User should be assigned one of these. Each role below has all of the access of the previous role, so the Web Administrator has all of the privileges of the above roles in the list below.
- Subscriber – a User who can only manage their profile (this is the default role when a User registers)
- Contributor – a User who can write and manage their own posts but cannot publish them
- Author – a User who can publish and manage their own posts
- Editor – a User who can publish and manage posts including the posts of other users
- Web Administrator – a User that has access to all the administration pages and is allowed to change other User’s roles
- Resident – add this role to the residents of the village to enter their email address into the Resident Newsletter